When we connect the WX IPPBX with the FXO gateway in the same network, we can realize the function like this:
1. The IP extension can dial 9+number, the call will go out through the FXO of gateway;
2. When anyone calls in the FXO of gateway, they will hear the welcome message, then can dial the extension.
For the setting, you can refer to the guide here:
Let us try to set the WX IPPBX firstly.
1. Create one IP trunk for FXO gateway, here we connect the WX IPPBX with FXO gateway by IP to IP.
Registrar server: here 10.168.1.190 is the IP address of FXO gateway.
Trunk ID: you can input any number, as usual, we input 100.
Username: the number is same as Trunk ID.
Password: any digits we can input.
Concurrent: it means how many calls can go through the ip trunk at the same time.
Trunk type: if we choose DID here, we need to go on choosing the extension in the next option DID,
it means when we call in the ip trunk, the extension in DID will ring directly.
If we choose IVR here, we need to go on choosing the voice file in the next option greeting, it means
when we call in the ip trunk, we will hear the welcome message we choose:
2. Create the dialing rule.
Here in order to be convenient to control the call, we choose using prefix, and set the prefix as 9, choose
the ip trunk we create. It means when any extensions dial 9+any number, the call will go out through the ip trunk 100.
Let us try to set the FXO gateway.
1. Set the IP address as the static, because the IP address is in DHCP mode at default.
2.Set the routing table.
IP[10.168.1.31:5070] x ROUTE FXO 1-2
It means when the gateway receives any calls from the WX IPPBX, the call will go out through the FXO 1-2.
FXO x ROUTE IP 10.168.1.31:5070
It means any incoming calls from any FXO will be transferred to the WX.
3. Set the inbound calls in the gateway.
Here we choose Inbound handle as Binding, and number is the IP trunk of WX IPPBX.
It means when the FXO receives any incoming calls, which will be transferred to the number 100.