IMPORTANT This device has been tested for and Voice using firmware ” Rev 220.127.116.117″ versions available.
ELASTIX Support shall require use of the above firmware to address support issues. Please note that you must factory reset the device before starting this procedure to reduce the possibilities of encountering difficulties. Note also that the device must be connected to the LAN using the WAN port of the device.
It is the our purpose:
Any extension of elatsix dials 9+any number, the call will go out through any FXO of gateway available;
Any calls from any FXO of the gateway will go to the IVR of elastix.
Step 1: Configuring Elastix to work for use with the VOPTech VG Gateway
1. Log on to the ELASTIX Management and go to: Basic>>Trunks>> Add trunk>SIP Trunk
2. Assign a Description to the VOPTech device: VOPTechVG
Fill the The following in your Peer Details
Press Submit changes. You could check the following
3. Click the PBX>Tools> Asterisk Files Editor, find the file sip_custom.conf through Show Filter and open it:
4. Click the Basic> Outbound Routes > Add route
A.Route Name: VOPTechVG
B.Dial Patterns: 9|.
C.Trunk Sequence: SIP/ VOPTechVG
The Outbound Routes” page provides a quick and easy way to correctly configure a simple rule to allow outbound calls using the gateway device to deliver outbound calls. A simple starting point could be to use “9″ as the prefix, and all extensions will be able to dial outbound via this rule. The other values are pre-populated, but may be changed at this point. With this rule, you could call out via dialing 9+ PSTN number for calling out.
5. For inbound, please check >> Inbound Call Control>> Inbound Routes, write the DID Number as 888 and Set the Destination as you want, IVR or extensions.
The ELASTIX is now fully configured for the VOPTech VG Gateway.
Step 2: Configuring the VOPTech VG Gateway
1. Connect the VOPTech VG 1X gateway to the network and main power supply.
2. Now point your browser to the gateway’s configuration site: http://192.168.1.191.
Enter the password of the device and click ‘OK’ to access the gateway’s configuration. The default password is “voip”
3. Click the “Basic >” SIP, fill Elastix’s IP address and submit
a. Auto sip port selection:10
b. Set the “SIP Server” field to the IP Address for elastix.
c. Authentication mode” Register by gateway”
d. User name and password: these fields must match the ID and password set for that line in the Elastix Trunk Setting .You could find it previous setting. Like following page:
4. let us go to Line->Trunk, in all the trunks, we need to enable the two options:caller ID detection and echo cancellation,
and set the inbound handle as binding, binding number as 888.
a. Click Caller ID detection, echo cancellation. With this setting, any ip phone under Elastix will get caller ID and have impressive voice from PSTN lines.
b. Inbound handle, select Binding, the Binding number is filled as 888. With this setting, all the calls from FXO will go to Elastix’s DID number. We already set it as 888 in the above.
5. Click the “Routing >” Trunk’s IP address and submit
IP[192.168.1.250] X ROUTE FXO 1-4
This sentence means call from 192.168.1.250(Elastix) will go to FXO Port 1,2,3 and 4.
6. Click the “Basic >System>>DTMF” Make the DTMF method is RFC 2833, with this, your DTMF could work correctly.
That’s all the setting for VG Gateway for Elastix.
After we finish the setting of the gateway, we had better restart the gateway.